The top of the drive's midnight blue colored aluminum enclosure features a manufacturer label.
The bottom of the drive's aluminum enclosure is bare except for two tamper evident stickers.
The PCB is held in place by one screw and two locator pins. Three foam spacers are affixed to the underside of the top of the enclosure. On this side of the PCB, both the ECO and MAX are identical.
We removed the 5100 ECO's PCB from the bottom of the enclosure, and it did not come apart cleanly. The thermal paste used is sufficient for thermal conduction, but difficult to remove. We decided against scraping it off to get a better look. We also decided against removing the 5100 MAX's PCB as it could negatively impact the thermal material.
Micron provided architectural details of the major components for both drives.
Specifications and Features
Pricing: Micron's 5100 ECO 1920GB retails for approximately 45 cents per gigabyte.
Pricing: Micron's 5100 MAX 960GB retails for approximately 59 cents per gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda promises deep dive into DOOM Eternal at E3 2019
- Valve boss Gabe Newell talks about Halo coming to the PC
- Master Chief Collection on PC won't support Play Anywhere
- NVIDIA unlocks ray tracing on some GeForce GTX series cards
- Master Chief Collection PC beta tests announced
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- m.2 shows in BIOS Windows installed but not showing in boot list
- Addlink S70 NVMe SSD Review - Phison E12
- Electrifying 3v3 Asymmetrical Shooter Aftercharge Premieres New Characters at the Indie Megabooth during PAX East
- VIPER GAMING attends PAX EAST 2019 with New Gaming Products
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration