Inside the RK-9000V2 RGB
Removing five keycaps to expose what is under them we find a few things worthy of noting. First of all the steel plate is painted white to help with LED brightness and reflectivity. All of the switches have clear bodies and brown tactile stems made by Cherry MX. The last thing to note is that the torsions bars are exposed, so take heed when it comes to removing the longer keycaps.
All of the keycaps are shot in an opaque white plastic and are then painted over with textured paint application. Once that has been down, the legends are all laser etched through the black coating, and easily allows light to pass through each cap.
Since the PCB is dual layer, and it gets mounted to the steel plate inside, there is not so much of a need for ribs in the lower section of the frame to help support it. The top section requires the removal of three screws and the release of many tabs around the edge before it can be removed from the lower section.
Getting up close and personal with the bottom of the PCB shows us that everything is as clean as can be. The solder points are small, and even on all of the pins, each switch has its individual LED visible, and there are no signs of residue to be found anywhere on this PCB.
With so many built-in features and things that the RK-9000V2 makes available to do with it, the use of this Holtek HT32F1655 chip is appreciated. This is a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 processor with a 72MHz core clock and is also where the profiles and Macros are stored. However, there is no mention of how much of the 256KB of space is left to fill by the user.
With our RK-9000V2 RGB back together, we powered it up and found that a wave of color is running from left to right, across the keyboard by default, but once adjusted we were not able to get back. Of course, we took the time to play with the various modes, and all of them work as intended, and gives quite a bit of option when it comes to the lighting you can get from this keyboard.
We found this mode to be our second favorite, which is the wave mode. This mode offers a line across each row of keys to be illuminated the same color, as they evolve through the RGB scale, moving from the top to the bottom. There are many other ways the keys will react to your input, or run in the background while you type, but most of them are not easy to get in images.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill RK-9000V2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Rosewill RK-9000V2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Rosewill RK-9000V2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [RK-9000V2 RGB Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new stronghold comes tomorrow in latest update
- Prediction: new PS5 streaming service to blend games & film
- RAGE 2 is a live service game without multiplayer
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!