Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
The large front panel of the box is black but has a gray angled section running across the top, and is where Rosewill chose to put their name. Off to the right, we can see the RK-9000V2 RGB name and image of the fully lit keyboards, but off to the left are indications of the RGB colors, use of Cherry MX switches, which are brown in this example. Underneath those, we then find that all switches are Cherry MX, it comes with eight pre-programmed light modes and delivers five profiles.
We chose to show just the right end of this longer panel this time around, as both sides are identical to each other. We see a matching gray shape with orange accents here, and only the RK-9000V2 RGB name is there to be found.
On the shorter ends of the box, Rosewill condensed what we saw on the front panel, and only offers their name as well as the product name here.
With the long sides being a match, this time we chose the left end to put in this image. All the way at the left end we do find the Rosewill name and logo, along with the tagline "In Your Own Way" following it.
This smaller end is just like what we spotted at the other end of this box. Usually, we at least get a switch type sticker, a product sticker with barcodes, something.
The back of the box has more to look at and is where you will gain most of your information about it before grabbing this off the shelf. Down the left edge, we see the specifications listed, with the package contents just below it. In the middle we find images denoting the five profiles, multimedia keys, NKRO, LED RGB Modes, the use of Cherry MX switches, and that there is a double layer PCB inside. At the right end, we do see a bit of the keyboard in that image, and near the bottom is the serial number and UPC barcode for it.
Once the box is opened, we find the RK-9000V2 RGB wrapped up in a thin layer of foam as protection to it and its finishes. Under the keyboard, you will find the manual, and in the section of cardboard at the back, the cable is bundled and sto0red for transit, not connected to the keyboard. The packaging isn't fancy in any way, but this RK-9000V2 RGB is in terrific condition to be reviewed.
Once we removed the back section of the inner packaging, we were able to locate these. There is a thick black braided cable which uses a gold plated USB 2.0 connection to plug into the PC and a Mini-USB connection for the back of the keyboard. This cable also includes a hook and loop strap, so one could bundle the wire easily and take this keyboard anywhere you want to go. What none of the literature makes mention of, is that you also get a key puller in the deal.
The manual is more in the vein of a reference guide than anything else, and one should keep this handy for the first couple of weeks of usage. As the manual starts, you do find basic information like specifications and contents, but the rest of the manual is seven pages of how to work all of the optional commands found on the RK-9000V2 RGB. Some of them do take more time than other to associate, but the manual will take you step-by-step, in locating and learning to use what each of them does.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill RK-9000V2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Rosewill RK-9000V2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Rosewill RK-9000V2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [RK-9000V2 RGB Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series