Case Build & Finished Product
With no use for ODD bays with the standard build and in many rigs out in the wild as well, we find the center section to be wasted, where it could have been designed with the same striping as the rest of the bezel. While we do like that nothing changes, we feel it could have been done better.
Most of our test system went in without any fuss, but it wasn't long until we realized that our Zotac GTX 970 was too long to fit. We had to opt for a shorter video card, but the AIO and motherboard went in without any fight, and we even managed to keep the interior clean looking to boot.
The dust shield snaps into the rear panel without much pressure, the video card aligned well too. Even when it comes to the PSU, once the gasket is fully compressed, it is locked firmly into the case with screws.
With limited tie points, all contained in a small area, we did manage to route the wiring and keep it all cinched down to the motherboard. We do advise keeping it tidy here, or otherwise, with such limited space behind the tray, it will complicate replacing the right side panel.
When it came to sealing the Himars with the side panels, we once again could not get this left side panel to align properly. Honestly, it looks a bit drab, but at least it does offer some view of the motherboard, CPU cooler, and the video card through the clear window.
Once powered, the power button will glow with blue LED light, and there is a flicker under the reset button of blue LED as well. These match the blue LED fan in the back.
The noise emanating from the chassis is low at 31 dB, but outside of the air being pushed from the AIO, there is little flow inside of the case, or coming out of the back of the Himars.
PRICING: You can find the Rosewill Himars Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Rosewill Himars Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series