System IO Benchmarks
Internal Storage Read Test:
Internal Storage Write Test:
ixChariot Network Throughput:
You can RAID the two M.2 slots, and if I did RAID them, I would have hit the bottleneck between the CPU and the PCH at around 3.5GB/s for sequential read speed, the limit for DMI 3.0. The two Samsung drives are fast enough individually, and this notebook can team them together.
Network performance was solid, I would have preferred Killer wireless and Intel LAN (reverse of what they used), but the real-world differences are minimal.
The battery tests reveal that even though the battery is huge at 94Wh, run time is in line with other gaming notebooks because of the power consumption toll and overclocked CPU and gaming GPU take on a notebook.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion release date
- Microsoft's Xbox division earned $2.251 billion last quarter
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit