Physical Overview Continued
The keyboard offers only white-LED backlighting, but it's bright enough to be effective in low light situation. The Macro keys also light up; different Macro profiles will light up the "G" key in the upper left-hand corner different colors.
The 1280x720 HD camera does a decent job; it's not the worst nor the best I have seen in a notebook of this caliber. Near the camera is a light sensor to determine how bright to set the display.
The display's maximum tilt is roughly 110-115 degrees; the rear exhaust vent region will prevent it from leaning back further.
The QHD+ 3200x1800 resolution 13.9-inch display is very nice and doesn't allow much glare. The notebook uses an Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide (IGZO) TFT panel with 5.76 million pixels. It also has a 400 cd/m2 luminance rating, and you can view it just fine in bright lit areas. AORUS claims a 170-degree viewing angle.
I opened the unit up, but beware that this voids your warranty. Both of the Samsung M.2 drives were cooled by heat pads that conduct heat to the backpanel. Our unit has a huge 94Wh battery, AORUS claims 7.5 hours of HD playback. Both the CPU and GPU share two heat pipes and two blower fans. As you can see, the notebook is easy to upgrade, but you will void the warranty by removing this rear panel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- First 2 hours of Kojima's Death Stranding confirmed complete
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Trailer shows the challenges of Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Team Jolly Roger Announces launch Date For Real-Time Space-Ballistic Tactics Game 'Worbital'
- Music Card Game Upstart WOWs Top Musicians Worldwide with Their First Product
- Stardock Announces Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution Expansion
- Zerouno Games: Use your two neurons with Bleep Bloop. Launch Trailer Available