Physical Overview Continued
The keyboard offers only white-LED backlighting, but it's bright enough to be effective in low light situation. The Macro keys also light up; different Macro profiles will light up the "G" key in the upper left-hand corner different colors.
The 1280x720 HD camera does a decent job; it's not the worst nor the best I have seen in a notebook of this caliber. Near the camera is a light sensor to determine how bright to set the display.
The display's maximum tilt is roughly 110-115 degrees; the rear exhaust vent region will prevent it from leaning back further.
The QHD+ 3200x1800 resolution 13.9-inch display is very nice and doesn't allow much glare. The notebook uses an Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide (IGZO) TFT panel with 5.76 million pixels. It also has a 400 cd/m2 luminance rating, and you can view it just fine in bright lit areas. AORUS claims a 170-degree viewing angle.
I opened the unit up, but beware that this voids your warranty. Both of the Samsung M.2 drives were cooled by heat pads that conduct heat to the backpanel. Our unit has a huge 94Wh battery, AORUS claims 7.5 hours of HD playback. Both the CPU and GPU share two heat pipes and two blower fans. As you can see, the notebook is easy to upgrade, but you will void the warranty by removing this rear panel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit