There are many things to appreciate with what Logitech delivered in the G403 wireless gaming mouse. The grip of the rubberized coating is top notch, the egg-shaped design fits in hand well, and with effortless movement, the G403 glides across any surface you put it on.
The internal components were not downgraded in any way. In fact, we found some of the longest lasting Omron switches, a 32-bit MCU, and a sensor that while optical delivers excellent precision and a wide range of usable DPI. The subdued aesthetics are nice, as not everyone digs an aggressive looking mouse, and while not fully controllable like in many other mice, the RGB aspect of the well-placed LED sections of the G403 is a nice added touch.
We also like that Logitech ensures that the cable has stress points in its design so that you are in no danger of damaging the charging or data mini-HDMI connection. The added weight is also nice, but we did like it without the weight in place for most of our use.
Everything about the Logitech G403 Prodigy works as intended, and as a user who games a few hours every day and also tends to use it to scroll through pages on the internet as well as using this when writing reviews, using it near eight hours a day gives us the ability to only have to charge this mouse every fourth day or so. The rest of that time we were able to go about life without any strings attached, and even when it came time to need to be attached to the cable, we replenished the battery in right around an hour's worth of time. The G403 Prodigy offers a feel much like we recall of the MX518 from years gone by, and as one of our favorite mice from that time period, it was like getting reacquainted with an old friend.
We enjoyed using it in wired mode quite a lot. It is precise, it feels good to use, the software delivers multiple profiles and a ton of control options to the device, and the lack of effort needed to move it around are all things we thoroughly enjoyed about this G403. For what it's worth, asking $79.99 for the G403 Wireless Gaming Mouse from Logitech, we would advise that if you do like what you saw, we want to remind you about the wired version for nearly $30 less of an investment.
We did initially run into an issue with our first sample not recharging, but an email to Logitech and the arrival of a replacement mouse has rectified all issues we came across. From our standpoint, if the aggressiveness of the G900 is not your thing, but you want most of the features, the Logitech G403 Prodigy wireless gaming mouse is worth serious consideration.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||90%|
|Bundle and Packaging||93%|
|Value for Money||89%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: Logitech's G403 Prodigy is expensive, yet at the same time, we have no real issues with it! The shape is nice, movement is effortless, and the components are still top-tier. If wireless mice is what you are looking for, but you do not find aggressive styling needed, this mouse has what you are looking for.
PRICING: You can find the Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Gaming Mouse retails for $80 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Gaming Mouse retails for £79 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the G403 Prodigy]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner