DOOM & OVERWATCH
Typically when we get a new peripheral, we install the software, have a look around and dive right into some games, and with the G213 Prodigy, this is also the way it happened. Playing DOOM and OVERWATCH, we found no issues with the way the G213 allows us to move around, change weapons, jump, or anything else where the keyboard applied to gaming.
We do tend to go back to some classic titles as well and found that no matter the game we chose, while we preferred to use the G213 with the feet extended, it is comfortable under our left hand, and not muddy feeling like a standard rubber dome offering. The extra force offered in this design also kept resting fingers from accidentally pressing keys or otherwise disrupting our gameplay in any way.
We also like that you can disable any keys which the game does not use via software so that you can be confident that while in game mode, you will not be bouncing to the desktop or pressing anything that may otherwise get you into trouble.
Windows and Productivity
As for our daily driving of the Logitech G213, things started off promising, but quickly things turned south. It took us a bit to have to use the "L" key of the "." key on the keyboard, as we typically do not punctuate messages, and just happened not to use many "L" words it seems. However, when we went to rename the Logitech folder or try to write anything at great length, these dysfunctional keys quickly showed their ugly heads.
To explain this a bit further, they do "work" to some extent, but normal presses on the keys would not allow them to function. It took a serious whack at the keys, and you could use the "L" or end a sentence, but all of the rest of the keys were fine and functioned properly. After we finished gaming and found this issue, it was not too long before the keyboard was removed from our desk and replaced with one which was fully functional.
PRICING: You can find the Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard retails for £60 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Logitech G213 Prodigy RGB Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Inside the G213 Prodigy]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019