Packaging and Overview
ASUS's box design promotes the motherboard's black color theme and the RGB LED lighting capabilities. Packaging is decent; the motherboard sits inside a cardboard box.
The accessory package includes ROG coaster, 3D printing mount package, RGB extension cable, 10-in-1 cable label, two M.2 screw kits, ROG Strix stickers, SLI HB bridge, 2T2R antenna, four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, user manual, driver DVD, and CPU installation tool.
ASUS offers auto-sensing fan headers. The four headers circled in blue at 1A headers that can work in either PWM or DC mode. There is a Pump+ header circled in orange that supports up to 3A output for water pumps; it's also flexible PWM or DC mode. A temperature sensor input is circled in red and can be used as a reference for fan control.
If you have not noticed the motherboard's silkscreen is also part of its design. It allows the motherboard to become almost white, as it covers most of the motherboard. I assume it is supposed to add to the heat sink design aesthetic, and it does not look bad in person. I like ASUS's use of the silkscreen and heat sink design. It is not bright enough to stand out in a case and will blend into the background if needed. The back of the motherboard features a second M.2 connector.
The rear IO panel features Wi-Fi antenna connectors, four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, HDMI, DisplayPort, PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio output with S/PDIF optical.
The PCI-E layout isn't complicated; the first and second full sized PCI-E x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. There are two x1 slots as well that operate off the PCH. The battery for the CMOS is located above the first x16 slot. There are also six SATA6Gb/s ports, some of them share bandwidth with the M.2 slots, the manual will specify which will be disabled when different types of M.2 devices are installed.
One of the M.2 x4 PCI-E 3.0 connectors is located on the back of the motherboard, and the other is located on the front. A USB 3.0 internal header sits at the bottom of the motherboard along with two USB 2.0 headers, and an RGB LED header.
Another RGB LED header sits at the top of the motherboard near boot LEDs. A USB 3.1 20-pin internal header sits below the 24-pin connector.
All the heat sinks are held down by screws.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard retails for $199 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING Motherboard retails for £186 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and STRIX Z270G GAMING Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS STRIX Z270G GAMING Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS STRIX Z270G GAMING Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media