When it came to overclocking we used the old faithful ATI Tool which has made its way into the heart of many enthusiast PC users who make use of an ATI graphics card. With a few clicks and a bit of waiting time you find the max core and memory speed.
The default X800GT speed is supposed to be 475MHz core and 1000MHz DDR memory but as we mentioned GeCube bumped it up to 500MHz core. We were able to increase the core to 570MHz which is a huge jump and the memory to 1058MHz which while isn't huge is still a nice little increase considering the Samsung GC20 is only rated for 1000MHz.
Once we began to overclock the X800GT the lead in 3DMark05 only became stronger thanks to the high core speed.
While the 6600GT did have the jump in Far Cry as soon as we start overclocking this bad boy was able to sneak ahead.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's world is always changing, says BioWare
- Battlefront II embraces the dark side and adds Count Dooku
- Mortal Kombat 11 may have cosmetic monetization
- Sapphire launches new AMD RX 570 16GB crypto mining card
- Fallout 76 isn't going free-to-play
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series