When it came to overclocking we used the old faithful ATI Tool which has made its way into the heart of many enthusiast PC users who make use of an ATI graphics card. With a few clicks and a bit of waiting time you find the max core and memory speed.
The default X800GT speed is supposed to be 475MHz core and 1000MHz DDR memory but as we mentioned GeCube bumped it up to 500MHz core. We were able to increase the core to 570MHz which is a huge jump and the memory to 1058MHz which while isn't huge is still a nice little increase considering the Samsung GC20 is only rated for 1000MHz.
Once we began to overclock the X800GT the lead in 3DMark05 only became stronger thanks to the high core speed.
While the 6600GT did have the jump in Far Cry as soon as we start overclocking this bad boy was able to sneak ahead.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon