When it came to overclocking we used the old faithful ATI Tool which has made its way into the heart of many enthusiast PC users who make use of an ATI graphics card. With a few clicks and a bit of waiting time you find the max core and memory speed.
The default X800GT speed is supposed to be 475MHz core and 1000MHz DDR memory but as we mentioned GeCube bumped it up to 500MHz core. We were able to increase the core to 570MHz which is a huge jump and the memory to 1058MHz which while isn't huge is still a nice little increase considering the Samsung GC20 is only rated for 1000MHz.
Once we began to overclock the X800GT the lead in 3DMark05 only became stronger thanks to the high core speed.
While the 6600GT did have the jump in Far Cry as soon as we start overclocking this bad boy was able to sneak ahead.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit