Packaging and Overview
ASRock's box design is new, and the color theme of the box is the same as that of the motherboard. Packaging is also quite good; the motherboard is well protected in a foam tray.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, WIFI antenna, IO shield, M.2 screw, case badge, manuals, and driver DVD.
ASRock offers three PWM/DC headers on the motherboard; you will have to go into the BIOS to change the mode. The two headers circled in red are 1A headers, and the single header circled in blue is 1.5A. Mini-ITX motherboards tend to have fewer headers than ATX motherboards, but I usually only see two and ASRock has put three on this motherboard.
The motherboard's aesthetics are also well done. The matte black PCB and the crimson red heat sinks look great together. If you hate RGB LEDs and the headers that are all too common these days, you will love this motherboard because it has none of that. On the other hand, if you do not want a red themed build, a large enough CPU heat sink like the NH-D15 will block the red of the heat sinks while two memory modules will hide the red DIMMs. The backside of the motherboard is quite bare, which is a good thing.
The rear IO panel offers a Clear CMOS button, Wi-Fi antenna ports, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, six USB 2.0 ports (one is a Fatal1ty mouse port), S/PDIF optical, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort, ThunderBolt 3/ USB 3.1 type-C, RJ-45 Gbit LAN, and six audio outputs.
A single x16 PCI-E 3.0 slot gets all the CPU's PCI-E lanes. The slot is reinforced with a metal shield to prevent GPU drooping from damaging the motherboard. An x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slot can be found on the back of the PCB.
Four SATA6Gb/s ports are angled straight up, while two more are located right below the 24-pin connector and double as a single SATA Express port. There is a USB 3.0 internal header right below the 24-pin power connector. Below the USB 3.0 internal header is the front panel header and a USB 2.0 internal header.
All the heat sinks are screwed to the motherboard and are connected by a heat pipe.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/acCircuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard