Here are key points about the Origin Chronos SFF PC.
i7-6950X and GTX 1080 Founder Edition Overclocked: Intel's most powerful 10-core 20-thread i7-6950X behemoth paired with NVIDIA's most powerful consumer GPU produces one very fast and capable machine. If we look at other PCs in our gaming charts, many of them have the same GPU, but the 6950X helps move the bar up with all of its cores and unleashes the full potential of the GPU. ORIGIN also overclocks both the CPU and GPU, just to make sure they have one of the fastest PCs on the block.
Custom Mini Case Design: Origin has made the best use of space within their custom case. Everything is in close proximity, and this is only possible if Origin had designed the case for this specific hardware. I really like how they were able to fit in an AIO water cooling unit. The Origin Chronos has to have one of the highest performance to cubic inch ratios on the market.
Noise and Thermals: I was surprised at how well the Chronos handled heavy loads. The GPU is always fed fresh air through the vents in the window right above the fan intake, and the CPU has an AIO unit capable of handling the overclock on the CPU. The result is a mini PC that doesn't roar like it's being choked, but instead hums when under extreme stress.
Aesthetics: Most full-tower PCs can't even get close to the Chronos regarding aesthetics. The way the Chronos displays the GPU under the window is something many will agree looks awesome and has a very unique look. I really like how the internals are lit up by the LED strip, and how the light protrudes the vents. The white finish and minimalistic design are what many are looking for, and the Chronos delivers.
Pricey: The Chronos doesn't have much competition on the market, at least not regarding PCs of the same size, and it is priced accordingly. You do get what you pay for, though.
LEDs not RGB: You can choose between red, blue, and green LEDs for the internal lighting of the PC, but RGB is not currently an option.
The Chronos is the most powerful gaming PC I have tested to date, and it is also one of the smallest. It weighs a lot, but its compact size is super impressive. I remember my early PC building days, and one of my dream builds was a sleeper; the most powerful PC parts in an unassuming package. The Origin Chronos is the definition of a sleeper PC. It will wreck most full-tower gaming PCs on the market with ease.
I could not find much that I did not like about the Chronos. It is extremely well designed, and comes with a ton of options. You can add some more storage, but regarding RAM and other aspects such as PCI-E cards, you cannot really upgrade it much.
I really admire how Origin took a novel product and built an excellent custom gaming PC around the idea of maximizing performance per liter - they succeeded.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||95%|
|Value for Money||85%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: Origin's Chronos Gaming PC, without a doubt, tops our charts in regards to performance and takes the crown even at half the size as the other contenders.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup & System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Labo theme Spirit Event built on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Persona 5 passes 2.7 million units sold worldwide
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Kid Goku (GT) will debut on May 9th
- Capcom Producer says Devil May Cry 5 is done for future DLC
- Super Mario Maker 2 Nintendo Switch debut will be June 28th
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- New publisher All in! Games signs 16 games including Daymare: 1998, Paradise Lost, and Fort Triumph
- Physics-Based Multiplayer Game Save Your Nuts Now Available on Steam Early Access
- Ludacris teams up with Misfits Gaming and Playwire for the Alienware Community Showdown
- Pearl Abyss Reveals Black Desert Online Roadmap
- Introducing Tamarin: a 3D action-adventure crafted by golden era Rare veterans