We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady-state is achieved at 8,000 seconds of preconditioning. Average steady-state workload performance at QD256 is approximately 41K IOPS. We observe a tight consistent pattern from the DC P3520 after reaching a steady-state.
An On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) / Database workload is a demanding 8K test with a 66/33 percent R/W distribution. OLPT is online processing of financial transactions such as credit cards and high-frequency trading in the financial sector. Database workloads are challenging for any storage solution.
Intel specs the 2TB DC P3520 at 45K for a 70/30 workload at QD128. We don't test at 70/30, but rather at 66/33 for our database mix. This is a harder mix for the DC P3520 to digest than a 70/30 mix because of the read-centric nature of the drive. With our database mix, we are getting 42K IOPS at QD32. Based on this result, we believe we would come in right at 45K with a 70/30 mix. Again, at QD1, the DC P3520 is outperforming all of the drives in our test pool including the DC P3700.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The DC P3520 continues to impress at QD1, where it matters most.
PRICING: You can find the Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for $1029 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for £985 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Mortal Kombat 11 paid beta features 5 fighters, no Sub-Zero
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced