128K Sequential Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 6,500 seconds, or 1.8 hours, receiving performance data every second. A sequential steady-state is achievable in a much shorter span of time than a random steady-state. We plot both MB/s and Latency. We plot MB/s using blue scatter and Latency using orange scatter. We observe that steady-state is settles in at 1,000 seconds of preconditioning.
The DC P3520 is performing above its factory sequential steady-state write specification of 1,350 MB/s. Average steady-state write performance at QD256 is approximately 1,420 MB/s.
Sequential performance is important, and this is where we see a definitive advantage over SATA-based SSDs. The DC P3520 turns in its best average performance at QD1. None of the other SSDs in our test pool perform best at QD1. At QD1, the mainstream DC P3520 is outperforming the high endurance, high-performance DC P3700. We observe a performance drop of roughly 50 MB/s at QD4.
The DC P3520 comes on strong at QD8, delivering over twice the performance of the SATA SSDs in our test pool. At QD16 and higher, the DC P3520 is cranking out more than three times the sequential read performance of a typical SATA SSD. The DC P3700 has a 700 MB/s advantage over the DC P3520 at higher queues; however, the DC P3520 is a much more power efficient SSD.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The DC P3520 can deliver approximately 3.5X the sequential read performance of SATA SSDs, making it ideal for read-centric applications that benefit from more than the best SATA has to offer.
PRICING: You can find the Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for $1029 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for £985 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit