8K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady-state is achieved at 7,000 seconds of preconditioning. Average steady-state write performance at QD256 is approximately 15K IOPS.
8K random is a more demanding workload than 4K. This time the DC P3700 has the advantage at QD1. The DC P3520 is performing above factory spec (14K) across the board. The DC P3520 outperforms the SATA-based SSDs in our test pool, either slightly, or by a significant margin. Most importantly it outperforms current SATA-based SSDs at QD1 and does so at a similar price-point.
Just as we saw with our 4K testing, the DC P3520 outperforms the DC P3700 at queue depths of 1-4. With 8K random read data, the DC P3520 displays a huge advantage over SATA-based SSDs at queues above QD16. At QD128, the DC P3520 is delivering 3.5x the performance of the most powerful SATA SSDs. Read-centric workloads at higher queue depths is where the DC P3520 really hits its stride.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The DC P3520 delivers exceptionally strong performance when reading random 8K data at queue depths of 16 and above, where it clearly separates itself from SATA-based SSDs. Additionally, the DC P3520 outperforms the DC P3700 at QD1-4 when reading 8K random data.
PRICING: You can find the Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for $1029 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for £985 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series