Packaging and Overview
ASRock's box design has changed a bit, back to a star-filled view of space, and the emphasis on the "Xtreme." Packaging is what we have come to expect from ASRock's mainstream products; your motherboard should arrive unharmed.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, SLI-HB Bridge, IO panel, M.2 screws, ASRock case badge, driver DVD, and manuals.
ASRock offers five PWM/DC mode fan headers on the motherboard - I have circled them in red and blue. The two red headers support up to 1.5A current and include W_PUMP in their name as they are designed to double as water pump headers. The other headers circled in blue provide 1A current. You can choose between PWM (4-pin) or DC/Voltage (3-pin) fan operation mode in the UEFI or through ASRock's A-Tuning application in Windows.
The motherboard's black and white color theme is a popular one this round, and ASRock has a competitive product in that regard. I like how the PCB silk screen matches up with the PCH heat sink and IO shield's design. You can imagine the white as busses through which motherboard data moves, or just a link between different components, or just take it as what it is, decoration.
ASRock has moved components around so that the white of the motherboard isn't broken by ICs or other PCB components. The rear of the motherboard has a few components; the most notable are two quick switches that were moved to the rear of the PCB so that they wouldn't interfere with the white silkscreen.
The rear IO panel offers four USB 3.0 ports, PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, WIFI Antenna brackets, VGA(D-SUB), DVI, HDMI, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, 1Gbit Intel NIC, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF TOSLINK.
The PCI-E layout is very simple. The first and second full sized x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8, and they are also reinforced by metal brackets to ensure heavy GPUs don't damage the slots. The last x16 slot is wired to the PCH at x4 PCI-E 3.0 and will support an NVMe boot device. There are eight SATA6Gb/s ports, six of from the PCH while two are from a third-party controller.
The motherboard also carries two x4 PCI-E 3.0 M.2 slots that share bandwidth with some of the Intel-based SATA slots, the manual describes scenarios where using an M.2 slot will disable SATA ports.
Two USB 3.0 internal headers are located right below the 24-pin PSU power header. At the bottom of the motherboard, you will find multiple USB 2.0 headers, as well as an RGB LED header. The RGB LED header uses AURA LED technology and is compatible with accessories that advertise AURA compatibility.
The heat sinks and shields are held down by screws and make excellent contact with PCB components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 Extreme4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- Sony removes digital game purchases from retailers April 1st
- Apple's TV service charges $9.99ea for HBO, Showtime, Starz
- Unlock Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice PC framerate with this mod
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD