The enclosure shares it fluorescent blue packaging with marketing information tucked away in the bottom right corner.
The back has features listed in several languages along with a specification list to the left.
With the enclosure, we received a power adapter and USB 3.0 cable along with a small screwdriver and drive screws.
The exterior of the TX has a single-piece aluminum shell with the internals comprised of plastic.
The backside houses a rather simple I/O with just power input and USB 3.0 connectivity.
The tray area is large enough to accommodate any 3.5" drive, but it does not have mounting for 2.5" drives.
Flash Bench is where we started, again with the same Seagate SSD. Read and write started off around 390 MB/s but moved up to 400 MB/s from 8M through 512K.
Above, we have the results from CDM. We reached 389 MB/s read and 387 MB/s write giving this solution plenty of throughput for any mechanical drive you wish to install.
PRICING: You can find the Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock retails for $30 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- KFA2's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX graphics card teased
- ZOTAC unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz