Packaging for both these products is similar. For the dock, we have a bit of marketing surrounding a rather illuminated blue box that carries an image of the dock on the front.
The back has a features list just below we find the specifications.
The scope of delivery includes a manual, power adapter, and USB 3.0 cable.
A quick look at the dock shows us it's not much different from similar solutions. Each slot has its own LED for activity to the left.
The backside houses a rather simple I/O with just power input and USB 3.0 connectivity.
I tested the dock as I do any external solution that requires I supply the drive. We simply slap in a freshly erased SSD into the system, in the case of these two solutions from Vantec, a Seagate Nytro Client LM140 512GB. In our first run through, the dock was more than capable and reached 415 MB/s read and 410 MB/s write in Flash Bench.
Moving over to CrystalDiskMark, we topped out at 396 MB/s read and 388 MB/s write at QD32.
PRICING: You can find the Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Vantec NexStar TX Dual-Bay USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock retails for $30 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Edward Snowden: NSA tracks ALL Bitcoin users private info
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega Red Dragon: triple-fan custom card
- Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered notebooks: EPIC battery life
- PlayStation and Xbox cross-play is inevitable, says Epic
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit