Case Build & Finished Product
Using the regular suspects when it came to our components list, we are left with a lot of room to spare inside of the Project S. Gobs of room at the front of the chassis and along the top for water cooling, hanging a radiator at the back is easily accomplished, but due to our PSU choice, we are limited on the left side of the chassis for extra cooling.
When it came to wiring this chassis, we had no issues grouping the wires under the hook and loop straps, and with so many tie points delivered, there is no reason not to tie down the wiring. While not the prettiest job in wire management we have been able to accomplish, all of the wiring is kept high enough not to drag on the table, or move under the castors while attempting o reassemble the chassis.
At this point, we made sure the inner section matches up side to side, and then gently push the components inside of the outer shell. The rails and casters make this effortless, and we then replaced the four thumbscrews in the back, so that the tray did not accidentally come out.
We did find the rear I/O opening to be a bit small and required us to fight with the dust shield to get it into place properly. The card slid right into place and access to the screws is wide open. Even when it came to the PSU, once we installed the support pads, the holes line right up as we squished the PSU isolation gasket to secure the PSU into the Project S.
At this point, we are just about ready to get to the testing phase. As we get our last look at the Project S before adding power, the overall aesthetic is still clean, just that now you can see components through the tinted tempered glass top panel.
This is one of the options when it comes to chassis orientation. You can run the Project S like this so that it can set to the right of your monitor and still see inside of the chassis. You can also set it on what is now the top, and use it sitting off to the left. Just put the feet on the chassis where you need them.
We chose green as the color option, with red, blue, white, and off as some of the eight options of color you can choose. We also notice that while the HDD activity LED is always red, the LED in the power button also changes to match the strip along the bottom. Using the 120mm fan sent inside of the chassis to cool the radiator, temperatures for the Cores was not as good as it could be, but we were only getting 32dB of noise outside of the chassis while running it at full speed.
PRICING: You can find the Nanoxia Project S ATX HTPC Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Nanoxia Project S ATX HTPC Chassis retails for $240 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Nanoxia Project S ATX HTPC Chassis retails for £237 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Nanoxia Project S ATX HTPC Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Project S]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit