ASUS's Maximus Formula series has become almost synonymous with premium gaming when it comes to motherboards. ASUS's latest iteration of the Formula is the Maximus IX Formula, based on the just released Intel Z270 chipset, and loaded with the latest and greatest ROG features. Compared to its Z170 counterpart, the Maximus IX Formula has a few tweaks and additional features such as the brand new USB 3.1 internal header and integrated IO panel.
We first saw the integrated IO panel on ASUS's Rampage V Edition 10, and it was a hit worth repeating on the new Maximus IX Formula. The new motherboard also carries more USB 3.1 with a faster controller, swaps U.2 for a second M.2 slot, features a better audio codec and DAC, more robust fan headers, improved water cooling support, and offers an additional RGB header.
Let's take a look at what ASUS has in store for the Maximus IX Formula.
The Maximus IX Formula has two M.2 ports, USB 3.1 at the rear and through an internal header, Intel Gbit LAN, SATA 6Gb/s, Wireless AC, and 120dB SNR audio.
The Maximus IX Formula price is currently unknown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus IX Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus IX Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus IX Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM