ASUS's Maximus Formula series has become almost synonymous with premium gaming when it comes to motherboards. ASUS's latest iteration of the Formula is the Maximus IX Formula, based on the just released Intel Z270 chipset, and loaded with the latest and greatest ROG features. Compared to its Z170 counterpart, the Maximus IX Formula has a few tweaks and additional features such as the brand new USB 3.1 internal header and integrated IO panel.
We first saw the integrated IO panel on ASUS's Rampage V Edition 10, and it was a hit worth repeating on the new Maximus IX Formula. The new motherboard also carries more USB 3.1 with a faster controller, swaps U.2 for a second M.2 slot, features a better audio codec and DAC, more robust fan headers, improved water cooling support, and offers an additional RGB header.
Let's take a look at what ASUS has in store for the Maximus IX Formula.
The Maximus IX Formula has two M.2 ports, USB 3.1 at the rear and through an internal header, Intel Gbit LAN, SATA 6Gb/s, Wireless AC, and 120dB SNR audio.
The Maximus IX Formula price is currently unknown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus IX Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus IX Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus IX Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Nintendo head wished Smash Ultimate launched in early 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One