ASUS's Maximus Formula series has become almost synonymous with premium gaming when it comes to motherboards. ASUS's latest iteration of the Formula is the Maximus IX Formula, based on the just released Intel Z270 chipset, and loaded with the latest and greatest ROG features. Compared to its Z170 counterpart, the Maximus IX Formula has a few tweaks and additional features such as the brand new USB 3.1 internal header and integrated IO panel.
We first saw the integrated IO panel on ASUS's Rampage V Edition 10, and it was a hit worth repeating on the new Maximus IX Formula. The new motherboard also carries more USB 3.1 with a faster controller, swaps U.2 for a second M.2 slot, features a better audio codec and DAC, more robust fan headers, improved water cooling support, and offers an additional RGB header.
Let's take a look at what ASUS has in store for the Maximus IX Formula.
The Maximus IX Formula has two M.2 ports, USB 3.1 at the rear and through an internal header, Intel Gbit LAN, SATA 6Gb/s, Wireless AC, and 120dB SNR audio.
The Maximus IX Formula price is currently unknown.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus IX Formula Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus IX Formula Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus IX Formula Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Battlefront II microtransaction removal: 'no impact' to EA
- 4K 60FPS capture card handles Xbox One X, costs $400
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ