The jump to 512MB is going to set you back roughly $100 USD (or $140 AUD) when compared to your standard run of the mill X800XL 256MB model. Before anyone panics about the price increase though, your normal run of the mill X800XL for $100 USD less doesn't include Dual DVI and VIVO making the price increase a lot more justifiable.
While the performance increase isn't huge, it is there and a card like this is going to come in handy for people who don't jump on the six month graphic card upgrade cycle. In 18 to 24 months time where the X800XL is still playing games pretty well, the 512MB variant is going to be able to run them at that 1280 x 1024 setting instead of 1024 x 768 (for example).
While the bundle is slightly lacking, the card features are excellent with it not only sporting the extra memory we see GeCube's popular Uni-Wise cooling solution along with Dual DVI which is becoming more useful everyday thanks to the price drop in Digital LCDs. We also have VIVO and HDTV out which are both features that you might not find yourself using every day but one day might find yourself wanting to utilize.
The X800XL 512MB is more of a "future proof" card thanks to the implementation of the extra memory and people utilizing 1280 x 1024 and above with high quality AA and AF settings enabled are going to be pleased. If you find yourself wanting to upgrade now though and your gaming experience doesn't venture past 1024 x 768, unless you're looking at a screen upgrade in the near future, you would be better off looking at the 256MB variant as the extra onboard memory will not be worth it for you.
Great for people who don't upgrade every 6 months
512MB shows slight increases, especially when settings are turned up
Uni-Wise cooling solutions is extremely quiet
Bundle slightly lacking
512MB not available in AGP
Is For / Not For
The GeCube X800XL 512MB is for high resolution gaming with a high level of AA and AF turned on and is not for people who cannot get past 1024 x 768 on their monitor or don't have any interest in enabling AA and AF.
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 2 [The Package]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 3 [The Card]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Possible new Fornite maps photographed at GDC 2018
- Metro Exodus will rock NVIDIA RTX real-time raytracing tech
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit