Version and / or Patch Used: 1.3
Timedemo or Level Used: Ubisoft Volcano
Developer Homepage: http://www.crytek.com
Product Homepage: http://www.farcrygame.com
There is no denying that Far Cry is currently one of the most graphic intensive games on the market, utilizing PS2.0 technology (the latest versions support Shader Model 3.0 with DX9c) and offering an exceptional visual experience there is no denying that even some of the faster graphics cards struggle.
Fry Cry is one game that we found always took advantage of the extra video card memory as slower cards with 256MB memory would perform almost as quick as 128MB cards which were faster.
At the lower resolution we don't see a huge difference but at 1600 x 1200 we move from 35.61FPS to 43.37FPS which is a 7.76FPS increase or over 20%. Not only that though we have gone from a setting that wasn't so playable to a setting that is now playable.
In our second demo of Far Cry we see that the difference is a lot smaller but you can see that the 512MB card is faster then the 256MB model at both resolutions even though it is only 1 FPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 2 [The Package]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 3 [The Card]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- GeCube X800XL 512MB - Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon