Installation and Finished Product
The first thing we did was to put the washers onto the thumbscrews. This keeps the screws from accidentally cutting a trace on the back of the motherboard, and while they are knurled for easy use with your fingers, they also have a Phillips head on them so you can drive these screws all the way into the brackets.
We then took the Intel mounting brackets, making sure that all four end bits were set for LGA115X installations, and went ahead and attached them to the base of the cooler. At this point, we need to apply the TIM and do a bit of a balancing act to get the Brontes installed on the motherboard.
On the back of the motherboard, there is not a back plate to get in the way or to conflict with resistors, capacitors, solder points, or even storage drive slots which have all known to be an issue on some Mini-ITX boards back here. Initially, we did just install this cooler finger tight, but once everything is lined up, we took a screwdriver and drove the screws in until the threads stopped.
Above the motherboard, there isn't a need for washers of any sort. Because the brackets do not touch the motherboard when installed properly, there is no way for the Brontes to do any damage here either.
59mm of overall height is not much at all when it comes to a CPU cooler, and we can see the Brontes is ever so slightly peeking out over the RAM. This is what makes the Brontes such a good choice when it comes to installing systems into cases which leave very little room above the motherboard to sufficiently cool the CPU.
Initially, we just installed the cooler as it is in these images, to make it easy on us, as well as being able to show the cover plate once more. If the motherboard is horizontal inside of a chassis, any of the four ways it can be installed is fine, but if the motherboard is vertical, you do not want the pipes on the bottom as we have it here.
From this angle, we can see the cooler is close to the memory, and due to the height of most kits, this can cause some issues depending on the cooler's orientation. However, no matter which way you choose to install it, it is out of the way of the video card, and with Mini-ITX only supporting one slot, this is a major concern that we do not have to have.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Brontes RC-1001b CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit