The bottom of the device is easy to remove, and you will see that GIGABYTE includes a big heat pad to cool down your M.2 drive. Taking the PCB out of the base isn't that easy, but you don't need to remove the PCB.
Up close shots of the front and back of the PCB reveal how GIGABYTE stuffed all the desktop level features into one tiny device.
The heat sink makes excellent contact with the Kaby Lake SoC. The blower fan is a Delta model BSB05505HP.
An Intel i219LM is used for the 1GBit NIC, and a Parade PS175HDM is used to provide HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2.
An ON Semiconductor NCP81206 is the PWM controller used to power the SoC. I couldn't identify the MOSFET's brand, but they are dual N-Channel FETs in a single package, and the inductors are custom labeled BRIX.
Other power sources use fully integrated POLs from Texas Instruments. The ASMedia ASM1142 supplies the two USB 3.1 ports at the front of the device, and a Realtek ALC255 is the audio codec.
An NCT5532 is probably the SuperIO. Wireless AC is from an Intel 3168NGW.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the BKi5A-7200]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Battlefront II microtransaction removal: 'no impact' to EA
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ