SWARM Mobile App
After installing the SWARM app to our phone, we first stopped in the menu to see just what this app can do. Here we can see the various segments of the software included with this application and it makes swapping between them very easy to do.
The section labeled home offers multimedia functionality, but also provides a view of some of the important factors from the PC as well. You can see RAM usage, network usage, the GPU and CPU temperatures, and even how much load is on the CPU, all in real-time.
We then moved to the SKELTR settings tab to see what that was about. Here we can activate the auto switch feature, change the LED mode, and even adjust their intensity. You may also change the rate the LEDs react in their modes, turn the lights on and off, or set the default profile. There is even a section here which allows you to remap the keyboard right from the mobile device.
Under the heading of SKELTR tools, there is a real-time meter to show you your Actions Per Minute. It will keep a graph going as you use the SKELTR, and even show the highest amount of presses, an average while doing it, and in a second tab, will list some mistakes you made too.
While we are unsure why this did not seem to work correctly, we assumed this would populate with a list of both the games and programs sections. Since it remained blank throughout our testing, we are unsure of its usage other than showing what it might recognize as installed for their informational purposes.
There is also a section where ROCCAT wants your input as to what they should add to the features of this application. They start you off with 12 points out of the gate, and we assume you can gain more with usage, but saw no increase in ours. There are sliders in which you adjust them, distributing your points to the features which matter the most to you.
This last section is for the settings of the application. You can have the software auto connect once paired and within the range of the keyboard, or you can lock the rotation, so it does not move as you adjust or grab your device. You can use power saving mode to extend battery life, but with a charging cable right there, it is likely not needed. There is also a box in which you can take all of the results and settings you have made to the phone, and reset everything back to zero.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for $160 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for £150 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [SKELTR Continued]
- Page 5 [Inside the SKELTR]
- Page 6 [SWARM Software]
- Page 7 [SWARM Mobile App]
- Page 8 [Gaming and General Impressions]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit