Inside the SKELTR
Many screws need to be removed to get inside of the SKELTR, and even then you need to be mindful of the attached cables from the lower section to the main PCB. We find ribs inside of the lower section to support the light panel and the membrane switches, making this a solid keyboard to use too.
The PCB found in the lower section is nothing extra special, and we found little in the form of ICs on it. This is because of its nature in use as a pass-through board. This takes signals and addresses some lighting but is only a secondary stop which transfers inputs from another PCB inside the keyboard.
The right half of the main PCB inside of the SKELTR is dedicated to lighting as well as it is where we found this IC soldered to it. The 8CM20730 is the Broadcom offering in Bluetooth 3.0 technology and is what allows the SKELTR to connect to mobile devices.
The LCP1752FBD80 is the ARM Cortex-M3 32-bit MCU of choice in this design. This means we are offered an IC which is capable of handling all of the regular features ROCCAT product come with, but it is also able to take on the Bluetooth traffic with ease as well.
At this point, we have reassembled the SKELTR and have it powered up. We did pick blue for the LED backlighting, but the flood of light in our booth has drowned it out, almost completely. We also added in our phone, to show how the universal device dock works, and it also shows how much room you have to use there.
Continuing the LED backlighting, the lighted panels on either side glow to match the keyboard key color, by default. These panels do offer quite a bit of intensity and will make the area to the right and left of the keyboard for the first six inches to be flooded with light.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for $160 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for £150 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [SKELTR Continued]
- Page 5 [Inside the SKELTR]
- Page 6 [SWARM Software]
- Page 7 [SWARM Mobile App]
- Page 8 [Gaming and General Impressions]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Case and Polaris RGB Fan Pack
- North Korea hijacking cryptocurrency industry workers
- Ataribox pre-orders on hold, team needs more time
- Win a 'Simpsons: Season 18' DVD for Christmas!
- CS:GO's new Survival mode sounds like Battlegrounds
- IN WIN POLARIS Silent RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- old version of bios for asrock z77 extreme 3
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series