At the back edge of this end of the keyboard, we find another pair of specialized keys. On the left is the button which will switch back and forth between typing on the desktop and switch to the mobile device. The key to the right is used to allow users to open the SWARM software at just the press of a button.
Raising the feet under the SKELTR increases the angle of attack on the keys, which are not angled towards the user rather than lying flat. This side also offers the LED lighting backed panels, so that both sides of this keyboard can flood your desktop with light.
The braided cable starts dead-center of the back edge, but we also found other things along with it. On the left is the charging port you connect to keep your mobile devices ready to use. The 3.5mm jack on the right is used to take the audio from your phone, and send it to what we found in the next image.
Very near the left side of the keyboard, we found a pair of 3.5mm jacks built into the back edge for audio. Of course, you can use this for typical headset usage, but this is also where the audio is sent from your mobile devices.
Before we get a look under the SKELTR, we added on the wrist rest. This drastically increases the overall size of this keyboard, yet at the same time delivers a surface which lessens the stress on your wrists. There are shadows of where the stickers used to be, but with a pass of household cleaner, they were no longer visible.
Connecting this SKELTR to the PC is a single fat cable which breaks down into individual connections at the end of it. Along with the Velcro strap to tend the wiring, we see two USB 2.0 connections, one for keyboard traffic and the other to supply power to the charging port, and a pair of 3.5mm jacks to deliver audio to the SKELTR.
Under the keyboard, we see four rubber feet used to secure it when it is lying flat on the desk. We also see many ridges running front to back, which helps to keep this keyboard from flexing under usage.
As for the flip out feet that come built in along the back edge, they offer height which changes the angle, but they are also designed with rubber ends on them so that you do not find the SKELTR creeping across your desk.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for $160 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for £150 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [SKELTR Continued]
- Page 5 [Inside the SKELTR]
- Page 6 [SWARM Software]
- Page 7 [SWARM Mobile App]
- Page 8 [Gaming and General Impressions]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series