ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard
The side of the SKELTR is highly stylized with angles and cutouts which give it a playful yet almost industrial look to it. The large cutouts in the center allow the now white panels to glow in any RGB color you can think of once the SKELTR is powered, and the SWARM software is installed.
The frame of the keyboard is large, but not outside of what we typically see of ROCCAT keyboards. We also like the flat black against the matte gray used to surround the keys. Of course, we can also see that the caps are low-profile, and this is typical of a membrane switch keyboard.
In the top left corner, we find a pair of buttons used for phone calls. The phone handset icon will answer a call from the mobile device, and if you do not wish to use the phone's speaker and microphone, the button to the right will switch it over to the pass-through system built into the SKELTR.
Along the back edge of the keyboard, just inside of the device docking slot, we find the F-keys on this keyboard do double duty. These four allow the user to mute the volume, lower it, raise it, or bring up the calculator built into Windows.
The next group continues with more multimedia keys. From left to right we find the play/pause button, stop, previous track, and next track as the secondary functionality.
The last set offers things outside the realm of multimedia. We can bring up My PC, open your favorite browser, adjust the LED intensity in six levels including turning them off, and we then find the Macro Record button, so you do not need to be in SWARM to make it happen.
Near the front, we run into the trio of Thumbster keys. These can be used for just about anything via software programming. This is another set of buttons with easy access, and do not have to be used like the Macro buttons on the left.
The right third of the SKELTR offers all of the command keys and a full number pad like we would expect in a full sized keyboard layout. The lock icons are above the number pad, and we also see that the numbers can be used as arrow keys for left handed gamers.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for $160 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for £150 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [SKELTR Continued]
- Page 5 [Inside the SKELTR]
- Page 6 [SWARM Software]
- Page 7 [SWARM Mobile App]
- Page 8 [Gaming and General Impressions]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media