ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard
The side of the SKELTR is highly stylized with angles and cutouts which give it a playful yet almost industrial look to it. The large cutouts in the center allow the now white panels to glow in any RGB color you can think of once the SKELTR is powered, and the SWARM software is installed.
The frame of the keyboard is large, but not outside of what we typically see of ROCCAT keyboards. We also like the flat black against the matte gray used to surround the keys. Of course, we can also see that the caps are low-profile, and this is typical of a membrane switch keyboard.
In the top left corner, we find a pair of buttons used for phone calls. The phone handset icon will answer a call from the mobile device, and if you do not wish to use the phone's speaker and microphone, the button to the right will switch it over to the pass-through system built into the SKELTR.
Along the back edge of the keyboard, just inside of the device docking slot, we find the F-keys on this keyboard do double duty. These four allow the user to mute the volume, lower it, raise it, or bring up the calculator built into Windows.
The next group continues with more multimedia keys. From left to right we find the play/pause button, stop, previous track, and next track as the secondary functionality.
The last set offers things outside the realm of multimedia. We can bring up My PC, open your favorite browser, adjust the LED intensity in six levels including turning them off, and we then find the Macro Record button, so you do not need to be in SWARM to make it happen.
Near the front, we run into the trio of Thumbster keys. These can be used for just about anything via software programming. This is another set of buttons with easy access, and do not have to be used like the Macro buttons on the left.
The right third of the SKELTR offers all of the command keys and a full number pad like we would expect in a full sized keyboard layout. The lock icons are above the number pad, and we also see that the numbers can be used as arrow keys for left handed gamers.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for $160 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard retails for £150 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT SKELTR Smart Communication Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [SKELTR Continued]
- Page 5 [Inside the SKELTR]
- Page 6 [SWARM Software]
- Page 7 [SWARM Mobile App]
- Page 8 [Gaming and General Impressions]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ