WD Blue 1TB SATA III SSD
The blue and white themed packaging features a picture of the enclosed SSD on the front. The drive's capacity and three-year warranty are advertised on this side.
The rear of the packaging lists the particulars of the enclosed SSD. WD also suggests using their SSD along with an HDD is an ideal storage solution.
The top of the of the enclosure is plastic.
The bottom and sides of the enclosure are formed from sheet aluminum.
The enclosure is fastened together with four screws.
A thermal sheet wicks heat from the major components into the aluminum half of the enclosure.
This half of the drive's PCB is populated with the drive's controller, eight 128GB SanDisk 15nm planar flash packages, and two Micron 512MB LPDDR3 DRAM cache packages.
This half of the PCB is devoid of components.
The Marvell 88SS1074 4-channel controller that powers the Blue.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil's]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace, OS Volume) - Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – IOPS, Response & Transfers]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]