System Performance and Experience
There are a few benchmarks for Android, and I was able to run 3DMark to gauge graphics performance.
WebXPRT is a browser based benchmark, and as you can see, the Yoga Book is slightly faster than the Acer Chromebook R11, which I reviewed last month.
Multi-Window mode is available on some Android phones, but most of the time the screen size is too small to make the feature useful. However, with the large screen on the Yoga Book, the ability to display multiple windows on the screen simultaneously is useful. All you have to do is double tap the top bar of a window to make it smaller, but only some applications such as the ones shown above allow this feature. Most applications do not support the feature.
The speakers on the Yoga Book are quite powerful, and Dolby ATMOS aims to help enhance the audio experience. I was pleased with the speakers.
Lenovo has a few custom applications such as SHAREit and SYNCit. SHAREit allows you to send or receive files between two Lenovo products. SYNCit lets you backup your data to the cloud.
The CreatePad can be used with the Halo keyboard or in Create Mode where you can use the real ink pen to draw or take notes using Note Saver. Note Saver allows you to draw with the ink pen and you can change tip style and even color. ArtRage is another program used to draw. ArtRage makes use of the touchscreen display, and you can enable Any Pen mode so you can use a stylus to draw or paint.
There are a few included programs for productivity such as Sheets (similar to Excel) and Slides (similar to PowerPoint).
Docs (similar to Word) is also installed by default, as is Google Drive. You can also install the Android version. Overall, I found the OS simple to use, and the device responsive. While an Intel Atom processor might seem slow, it is quite formidable when used with the Android OS.
As you use the device more and more you learn shortcuts, such as double tapping the icon of a running program to minimize it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit