The EON17-X is the first notebook I have seen that comes in a wooden crate. The crate is an optional product, to better your chances of a damage-free delivery. The box protects the notebook very well, and there is not much need for a crate, but it is cool nonetheless.
The notebook comes in a custom protective sleeve, specifically designed to fit the EON17-X snuggly. All smaller accessories are packaged in a separate box, and I found a gaming posted wrapped around the notebook.
Accessories include the sung fit sleeve, a 330W monster power adapter, inserts for upgrading the notebook, user manual, driver DVDs, and some slot inserts to protect open slots if they are never used. You can also order a backup USB drive for recovery; ours came with one. The power supply is a beast, at 19.5v at 16.9A, it can provide up to 330 watts. GPU overclocking only works with the included power adapter plugged in.
The unit's top uses a custom glossy white finish with an Origin logo at the center. The speakers are exposed when the panel is closed in case you want to blast music with the top down. The bottom of the unit has four large rubber feet, huge air intake vents, a subwoofer vent, and separate bays for upgrading the notebook.
The front of the unit features a few LED power indicators. The rear of the unit features a high current DC-input jack, two mini-DisplayPorts, and an HDMI port. The rear also features two huge exhaust vents, one for the CPU and another for the GPU. The right of the unit features a line-in jack, a microphone jack, a line-out jack, a headphone jack, two USB 3.0 ports, and a Kensington lock slot.
The left of the unit features an RJ-45 1Gbit LAN port, USB 3.1 a type-C/Thunderbolt 3 port, a USB 3.1 type-C port, two more USB 3.0 ports, and a multi-card reader. The notebook has a very healthy number of USB type-A and type-C ports, as well as audio ports, and external display outputs.
The unit features a 4K panel with NVIDIA G-Sync, and there is an LUT that is loaded on startup to give the unit that crisp gaming style color spectrum.
The unit has a full QWERTY keyboard with NUM pad and separate RGB LED zones so that you can customize. The lighting is not the strongest, I was hoping it would be more intense, but it's hard to see in a well-lit room.
Special function keys are spread throughout the top function keys and the number pad. You can enable airplane mode through the airplane function key. The airplane mode will disable all external signals such as Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/mobile (if you have a cellular modem installed).
The touchpad allows for multi-gesture support and features a built-in fingerprint scanner. It has a smooth plastic-life surface, just like most of the unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz