Corsair Crystal 460X RGB Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the 460X RGB is mostly covered with glass, which easily shows off the fans behind it. There is a thin plastic strip around the edges and the frame which holds the glass panel is also plastic. To keep the panel with the etched Corsair logo at the bottom in place, rubber pads and thumbscrews are used to hold here.
At the top of the chassis, just being the bezel is the front I/O panel. Behind the panel, the majority of the top is take up with a ventilated area covered with a magnetic dust filter. There is a bit of steel around the edges, but just enough to be structurally sound, and not make a heavy presence.
The front I/O panel starts off on the left with the lighting controls. There you will find a button to change the colors, a button to adjust the timing of the mode in use, and the third button cycles through the modes offered. It is then we find the rest button, the HDD activity LED, the HD Audio jacks, the pair of USB 3.0 ports, and the backlit power button on the right.
There is a length of steel exposed along the top, while at the bottom of the large tempered glass panel, all we see are the feet. The sides of the bezel are open wide to allow air to flow into the chassis, and along with the thumbscrews holding the glass in place, we find the top and bottom of the glass has been painted black to close off the view of the frame behind it.
The motherboard sits high in the chassis and is why the rear I/O area and optional fan location are where they are. There are seven ventilated expansion slots with passive ventilation next to them, leaving room at the bottom for the PSU. Also due to the use of glass on the left side of the case, there are thumbscrews here only for the right side panels removal.
The right side of the case, while the panel is still installed, is a flat expanse of textured black paint. The panel covers the same area as the glass does, leaving just a bit of the top panel exposed, and the feet along the bottom, but we do see that the bezel is fully vented on this side too.
Beneath the 460X, we find big rectangular plastic feet which have rubber pads on the bottom so that this chassis will not slide around. There is a dust filter offered under the PSU area at the back, and near the front, we see a tab which is part of the HDD cage, and the tab helps to hold it into place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam