The Talon doesn't disappoint with wired throughput topping out at 941 Mbps.
WAN throughput was slightly lower for the Talon at 919 Mbps.
In 2.4GHz testing, the Talon reached 97 Mbps on the 20MHz band and 183 Mbps on the 40MHz band.
I had to change the chart slightly for the 5GHz band in favor of making a separate chart for one device.
With that said, the Talon was a decent 5GHz solution pushing 390 Mbps at 80MHz, 259 Mbps at 40MHz, and 140 Mbps at 20MHz.
60GHz, on the other hand, was impressive and could cap out my gigabit wired connection, peaking at 949.1 Mbps.
PRICING: You can find the TP-Link Talon AD7200 802.11ad Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-Link Talon AD7200 802.11ad Wireless Router retails for $350 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-Link Talon AD7200 802.11ad Wireless Router retails for £306 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Storage Performance & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit