While this is the first AUKEY product we have tested, they have set the bar high for any other device they plan to send to us for review. We found nothing wrong with this design, and everything worked as intended, right out of the box. As far as feel is concerned, tactile and clicky switches are our go to when it comes to switches, and in the many reviews we have written, and our hours of gameplay, we felt no vibrations through our fingers or any other anomalies found in some of the other options on the market.
While the literature offered still needs a bit more translation, all of the relevant information is there, and with just a bit of tinkering with the options and various lighting modes, you easily get acquainted with the KM-G3, and it's like a long lost friend has come back to visit you. By this, we mean after a short period of catching up, this is a keyboard which feels like it has been around with you forever; comfortable and stress-free.
With seven solid colors to pick from, nine LED effects, and five preset and reprogrammable LED settings to choose from, the KM-G3 will suit anyone's fancy when it comes to having the perfect lighting setup. On top of this, you still have the option to select four levels of brightness to any of the previously mentioned settings, and you can even adjust the rate in which the effects move across the keyboard. Even though we were not able to identify the MCU used inside of the KM-G3, we found it to be sufficient, offering NKRO and anti-ghosting, and it never missed a single press of the keys we input.
The quality control is high, the build is sleek, simplistic, yet strong and solid, nothing about this keyboard should dissuade you from putting it high on your list of potential replacements for whatever you happen to be typing on currently.
What we like about the AUKEY KM-G3 mechanical gaming keyboard is the same thing everyone else looks for when it comes to peripherals like this; affordability. AUKEY set the MSRP shy of $100, and even for that amount of money, the feature set, and build quality makes this keyboard worth every penny of that asking price. The reality is at this time you don't have to pay anywhere near that, though. As we write this review, and what does not seem like any flash sale, we found the KM-G3 listed on Amazon for just $59.99. With everything considered, the AUKEY KM-G3 keyboard has all sorts of bang for the buck, and don't be scared of the Outemu switches either, as this keyboard has been nothing but a pleasure to use.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||98%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||100%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||96%|
The Bottom Line: Never have we seen a mechanical keyboard so feature rich, yet at the same time so affordable! The AUKEY KM-G3 is a solid, fully functional gaming peripheral, and while based on Outemu switches, we see no reason to pass this solution by whatsoever.
PRICING: You can find the AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £56 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [KM-G3 Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Leak: Mortal Kombat 11 for Switch scheduled for May 10 debut
- Fry Cry New Dawn story trailer - 'The Father' is now an ally
- Metro Exodus has transforming guns
- Anthem is finalized and ready for shipment
- Crytek making new AAA online game
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Frontline Workers Frequently Turn to Unapproved Messaging Apps for Work-Related Communications, Unbeknownst to HR
- Tactical Guild Management 'Guilds of Delenar' Coming to Steam Early Access in March
- Nokia to publish fourth-quarter and full-year 2018 report on January 31, 2019
- Miasma Caves Explores Steam Early Access Today
- Alternate Between Two Parallel Universes to Help a Girl Retrieve Her Memories in REHTONA