Inside the KM-G3
Removing a few of the keycaps, we find clear bodied, blue Outemu mechanical switches. These are tactile and clicky switches, but from some reading, we found they require only 30 grams of force to press the 4mm of travel they offer. Also, each of these switches is RGB LED backlit.
This image proves it does not cost a fortune to get better quality keycaps. With the KM-G3, rather than single shot and painted keycaps, they opted to offer double shot keycaps. This means near infinite wear time, as there is no paint to wear off in this design.
After removing near 20 screws from the exposed brushed aluminum top plate, we were then able to open the KM-G3. Inside, we find the red PCB attached to the metal plate due to the switch mounting, and there are short raised section in the lower frame to help support the PCB.
Even though this keyboard is an affordable option to grab, the quality control is not lost on AUKEY. As you can clearly see with this image, also solder points are precise, and there are no signs of residue found anywhere on the PCB.
The MCU used at the heart of the KM-G3 is this nondescript ROM chip. The numbering is from the manufacturer of this chip, and is use for identifying which programming has been flashed, and possible when in time this was done. That being said, we do not even know for sure, but we assume this to be 16-bit, with no need for a 32-bit processor for this device.
With many lighting options at our disposal after powering the KM-G3, we chose the rainbow flow mode, as it shows off many colors at once. Other modes include solid lighting, and in seven different solid colors, there is also another mode which reacts to key presses, run lights around the keyboard, lights certain groups of switches, as well as a few more. Again, well-appointed for the cost when it comes to all of the LED backlight options.
PRICING: You can find the AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £56 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [KM-G3 Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Nintendo celebrate 1,000 games on Switch with new trailer
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions