AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The KM-G3 is essentially a frameless design, in which the black plastic covers the bottom of the keyboard, and wraps up along the sides. The metal top plate is ever so slightly smaller and is inset into the plastic. We can also see the exposed switches, and that the key caps are arched, and while flat on the table, most still are comfortably used.
This central section of 74 keys are found to have a stylized font used on each of them, many of them offering double, and even triple duty. We can also see bits of the brushed aluminum top plate exposed between sections of keys. Also note that the exposed screws are larger Torx screws, but any of them under the keycaps are standard Phillips screws.
The Escape key can be used to reset the backlighting to the default setting, while the F-keys start with multimedia support. F1 is used for CD function but opens Windows Media Player. The F2 lowers the volume; the F2 increases it, and the F3 key will mute all sounds. On the 1 through 5 keys, we see game mode settings, in which only certain keys are backlit for FPS, CF, COD, LOL, or Race games, and are said to be user definable as well.
More multimedia keys are found as we continue moving to the right across the top of the KM-G3. The F5 selects the last track on a disc or playlist; the F6 advances one track. The F7 is used for play/pause functionality, and the F8 is then used to stop whatever media is playing.
The next group of F-keys moves from multimedia and delivers some quick-launch buttons for things one might use every day. The F9 key will open your default email handler, and the F10 will open your default browser. As for F11, it opens your file explorer, and the F12 is used to open the calculator built into Windows.
The command keys and the number pad is found to be a full layout, totaling now 104 keys to the KM-G3 mechanical keyboard. The command keys are abbreviated in their names, and the arrow keys are highly stylized. As for the number pad, it looks pretty standard.
Some of the command keys also offer a dual function to them. The Print Screen button allows you to shut off the backlighting completely. The Insert button delivers mode one of the lighting options, and Delete is used for the more advanced lighting in mode two. Using the function key and the Home key is how you can reprogram the various settings found on the 1 through 5 keys.
PRICING: You can find the AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £56 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [AUKEY KM-G3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [KM-G3 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- ASRock begins teasing its Phantom Gaming graphics cards
- Total War: Thrones of Britannia new trailer released
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- 10 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $6,870
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit