Thermaltake Core G3 Slim ATX Chassis
The front of the Core G3 is slim from side to side but stands almost as tall as an average mid-tower chassis. The majority of the panel is made of plastic, with rounded slits cut out of it, leaving just a bit of solid plastic at the top for the front I/O panel.
The front I/O panel starts with a tiny reset button, has a pair of activity LEDs, and moves on to the HD Audio jacks. Beyond that, we find a pair of USB 3.0 ports, a pair of USB 2.0 ports, and the large power button. Also note that the USB text is sideways, so that when the Core G3 is laid on its side, it reads correctly.
The top of the chassis is made of steel which was painted black, and taking up most of it is the magnetic plastic dust filter. There is room under this for a fan, so it has more of a purpose than just to dress up what could potentially be a large area of passive cooling.
The right side of the chassis is where we find the side panel containing the clear plastic window. Around it is more steel, but at the top, there are slits backed with a magnetic dust filter, and is where your video card will source cooler air for its intake.
In this orientation, we find two expansion slots at the top, which are removed externally, under a plastic cover. Moving down, we see the space for the rear I/O, and passive ventilation is placed next to it and the slots. At the bottom, this is where the SFX PSU is to be mounted.
The left side of the chassis sports a solid steel panel. You may also notice the circles indented into the panel. These are used as guides when it comes to installing the optional feet, which allows this side of the chassis to become the bottom.
The rails at the front and back edges with rubber pads for the feet can be removed when using the optional feet. The majority of this area is ventilation much like the top is, and is again covered with a magnetic dust filter to keep the interior clean.
PRICING: You can find the Thermaltake Core G3 Slim ATX Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Thermaltake Core G3 Slim ATX Chassis retails for $70 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Thermaltake Core G3 Slim ATX Chassis retails for £62 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake Core G3 Slim ATX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Core G3]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X consoles come with PUBG for limited time
- Call of Duty WWII reigns U.S. game sales charts
- Infinity Ward opens new studio in Poland
- Zelda director has 'lots of ideas' for new DLC, games
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series