Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at an impressive 2,982/2,403 MB/s. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. The highest sequential read performance is achieved at 2MB transfers. The highest sequential write performance is achieved at 1MB transfers. The way Phison controlled SSDs handle compressible data is much different than incompressible data, which is why the Hellfire achieves such massive transfer rates in this test.
At 64KB transfers, the Hellfire takes a massive lead over the competing drive's in our test pool. The Hellfire is only capable of this kind of performance when the data transfer is fully compressible.
The Hellfire delivers the goods when reading sequential data. Of the drives in our test pool, only Samsung's SM961 can outperform the Hellfire from start to finish.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. In terms of overall scoring, Patriot's Hellfire lands in the middle of our test pool. The Hellfire manages to outscore Samsung's 950 Pro and Intel's 400GB 750 Series NVMe SSD.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The Hellfire hangs in there with the Intel 750's up to QD8. The Hellfire manages to overtake OCZ's RD400 at QD64, however, overall, the Hellfire is outperformed by the competition.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Patriot's Hellfire is a write centric SSD as evidenced by this chart. Overall, the Hellfire outperforms the 950 Pro, RD400, and 400GB Intel 750. We would like to see better QD1-2 performance, but the Hellfire doesn't kick into high gear until we hit QD4. The Intel 750 1.2TB delivers the best low queue depth performance, and the SM961 the best high queue depth performance.
PRICING: You can find the Patriot Hellfire 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Hellfire 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for $280 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Hellfire 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for £316 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties & Patriot PCIe Tool Box Utility]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek now support TESLASUIT full-body haptic feedback in CRYENGINE
- Alienware's 55-inch 4K 120Hz OLED gaming TV: September 30 for $4000
- Rare precursor 1939 Porche Type 64 auctioned falsely for $70 million
- Cancelled Batman: Arkham Knight sequel story details revealed
- Ready Player One-like haptic suit 'Woojer Edge' lets you FEEL sound
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director