Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at an impressive 2,982/2,403 MB/s. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. The highest sequential read performance is achieved at 2MB transfers. The highest sequential write performance is achieved at 1MB transfers. The way Phison controlled SSDs handle compressible data is much different than incompressible data, which is why the Hellfire achieves such massive transfer rates in this test.
At 64KB transfers, the Hellfire takes a massive lead over the competing drive's in our test pool. The Hellfire is only capable of this kind of performance when the data transfer is fully compressible.
The Hellfire delivers the goods when reading sequential data. Of the drives in our test pool, only Samsung's SM961 can outperform the Hellfire from start to finish.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. In terms of overall scoring, Patriot's Hellfire lands in the middle of our test pool. The Hellfire manages to outscore Samsung's 950 Pro and Intel's 400GB 750 Series NVMe SSD.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
The Hellfire hangs in there with the Intel 750's up to QD8. The Hellfire manages to overtake OCZ's RD400 at QD64, however, overall, the Hellfire is outperformed by the competition.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Patriot's Hellfire is a write centric SSD as evidenced by this chart. Overall, the Hellfire outperforms the 950 Pro, RD400, and 400GB Intel 750. We would like to see better QD1-2 performance, but the Hellfire doesn't kick into high gear until we hit QD4. The Intel 750 1.2TB delivers the best low queue depth performance, and the SM961 the best high queue depth performance.
PRICING: You can find the Patriot Hellfire 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Hellfire 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for $280 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Hellfire 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for £316 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties & Patriot PCIe Tool Box Utility]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ