X99-E-10G WS Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio is driven by an ALC1150 audio codec, some Nichon Gold series audio capacitor, a PCB division between the audio signal areas and the rest of the motherboard, and a Texas Instruments RC4580 amplifier to produce 112dB stereo playback.
Two DSC80PCI800 x4 PCI-E 3.0 repeaters with equalization help to improve the PCI-E bandwidth from the CPU to the U.2 and M.2 ports. The U.2 and M.2 ports will only work when the other is not being used, and you will need a 40-lane CPU for either to work. The ASMedia ASM1142 is used as the USB 3.1 controller, and an EtronTech EJ179V is used as the type-C controller and Power Delivery chip.
An SB3572U is the RGB LED controller chip. The nuvoTon NCT6791D is the main SuperIO, and the IC labeled Macro is used to provide the Macro key feature.
A 128Mbit BIOS ROM is provided in a DIP socket, and the BIOS chip allows users to enable the USB BIOS FlashBack feature in case the BIOS gets corrupted. The ASMedia ASM1074 is a USB 3.0 hub and provides bandwidth to the two USB 3.0 internal headers.
Two chips branded TPU are embedded controllers and provide extra functionality such as overclocking or unique ASUS features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X99-E-10G WS Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS X99-E-10G WS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS X99-E-10G WS Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]