Installation and Finished Product
Just to show how these work, we went ahead and mounted the Intel push-pin mounting to the base of the cooler. We used the center mounting holes to correspond to the LGA1151 processor, but these also work for LGA1366 and LGA775 installations as well. For our testing, we opted to use the more substantial mounting arrangement.
We placed the backplate behind the motherboard and aligned the flat spots in the standoffs with the flat edge running down one side of the mounting holes in the plate. Once they are installed properly, it is then that you can lock them together via the nuts and socket which drives them.
Flipping the motherboard over, we can see the standoffs securely fashioned to the motherboard. At this point, we just need to add some thermal paste, and using the X-bracket that comes in the kit, mount the cooler on top of the CPU.
With the X-bracket aligned in the center of the base, and the pin locking the cooler into place, it is then in which you can start driving the spring loaded screws. We drive these screws down until there were no threads left, to be sure we have the most mounting pressure possible from this hardware.
Looking at the MASTERAIR PRO 3 over the top of the RAM, we can see that both the fan and the fins clear the top of our memory. We can also tell that this is a compact cooler as it does not make it to the ends of the RAM sticks, and does not stand so tall above them either.
With the offset design of the base in the MASTERAIR PRO 3, we ran into no conflict with the memory in any way. Even with the fan mounted to the cooler and all of the slots populated, there is still a considerable gap found between them.
Moving back a bit to see the entire cooler from the top edge of the motherboard, we see there is plenty of room to the right of the MASTERAIR PRO 3 for an additional fan, and it will not play up with the 8-pin EPS connection either. We also have plenty of fan lead to make it to the header cleanly and had to tuck some of the wiring under the cooler, behind the motherboard heat sink.
Once we installed the motherboard into the chassis and added in the video card, we find that the MASTERAIR PRO 3 clears everything around it. Even if you were to populate the first PCI-e slot on the motherboard, the cooler would not interfere. We also had no issues reaching the motherboard screws, or plugging in anything around it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MASTERAIR PRO 3 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases