Cooler Master MASTERAIR PRO 3 CPU Cooler
Fresh out of the box, we find that the 92mm fan is already attached to the front of the MASTERAIR PRO 3. The fan is black, sports seven blades, and covers the majority of the fin stack behind it. The fan is powered by a 4-pin fan connection, and the length of the cable is sleeved in a black plastic braid to dress things up a bit.
The right side of the cooler shows us the fan clips which are attached to the fan but simply grab onto the sides in one of the two grooves cut along it. We can also see that the cooler is offset from its base, which makes for RAM clearance, but to do so the last pipes needs to be angled to make it from the base and into the fin array.
From the back, there is not much to see, but we are aware that a second fan can be added for a push/pull arrangement of fans. While the sides of the cooler are open, it is the bits of aluminum around the heat pipes which keep the spacing of the finds equidistant throughout the fin stack.
The left side of the MASTERAIR Pro 3 looks just like the right side. No closed off fins, no supports for the edges, just a stack of 41 fins running from the bottom to the top.
A view of the top of the cooler shows a few things. For one, the pipes are exposed in this design. The second, still dealing with the pipes, is that they are all aligned behind one another, allowing air to pass easily through this design. Along with the top fin being anodized, we can also see that the Cooler Master logo has been embossed into the top fin as well.
Removing the fan from the front of the cooler, and changing the angle of view, we see a lot of detail has gone into the fin edges. Some are set back, while others are left a bit longer, and the deepest sections of the fins align with the strongest airflow from the 92mm fan that covers this.
Along with the X-vents and the Air-guide system in the center, from this angle, we can see that each fin is pressed onto the three heat pipes on either side.
Moving further down the cooler, we take a look at the top of the base. This main aluminum section of the base for the MASTERAIR PRO 3 utilizes a hole in the center to work with the mounting hardware, as well as a pin to keep said hardware in proper alignment, keeping the cooler from twisting when mounted properly.
Here we get our first real view of the CDC 2.0 base design. While aluminum holds the copper pipes in place, what makes contact with the CPU is the trio of milled heat pipes running through the middle. Also, we see there are no gaps between the pipes, which is where Cooler Master obtained 45 percent more contact area with this design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MASTERAIR PRO 3 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media