5. Nothing is Written
Length: 3 total missions
Playtime: ~1.5 hours
This is by far the most compelling mission of them all. This level tells the story of Lawrence of Arabia, and how he and his rebels sweep the scorching Arabian desert to thwart the iron reign of the Ottoman Empire.
Instead of playing as the legend himself, you play as Zara, a fierce Bedouin rebel. The entire mission is most closely tied to actual history and is brimming with character. DICE does a great job quickly and easily depicting the plight of the Arab nation at this point in time; the Ottoman's want the oil, and they want their freedom.
DICE's Arabian Desert is beautiful, shimmering dunes and skirling sands and baking heat, but it's exotic and really reflects that sense of wonder about the Middle East. I can see ties with Battlefront in the cut scenes, but everything is stalwart, from the shadows to the textures and even the atmospheric effects.
The mission itself revolves around you stopping a horrendous engine of death: a steam engine that's been transformed into a monstrous killing machine. The train itself is rather striking and very memorable, as is the atmosphere. Everything feels new, different, and interesting - and you actually want to revel in the environments and explore.
Honestly, this one feels like Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. It's more open than the other missions and feels decided open world.
But the mission isn't all guns out a blazing; as Zara, you can go in stealthily and take out enemies to gather the intel and complete objectives. It's a nice change of pace and gives you an actual choice on how to approach the mission, rather than just gunning everything down.
PRICING: You can find Battlefield 1 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Battlefield 1 retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Battlefield 1 retails for £40 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Through Mud and Blood]
- Page 3 [Friends in High Places]
- Page 4 [Avanti Savoia!]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam's library UI is getting a makeover
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023