Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the Z170X-UD3 Ultra uses a Realtek ALC892 audio codec with some Nichicon Gold series audio-grade capacitors.
Intel's Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 controller is used and configured to support Thunderbolt 3 operation when a user plugs a mini-display port input signal from their discrete GPU. A Texas Instruments TPS65982 type-C controller and USB Power Delivery 2.0 chip is used to ensure proper Thunderbolt 3 operation. The Z170X-UD3 Ultra supports 100W output on the type-C port, and that is achieved using a boost converter, whose components are located to the right of the Thunderbolt 3 controller.
The Intel i219v is hidden beneath a metal shield. The IT8628E is the central SuperIO controller that provides PS/2 as well as system monitoring. Two 128Mbit (16MB) ROMs hold the UEFI and provide DualBIOS for protection from BIOS corruption.
Four ASMedia ASM1480 PCI-E quick switches move two PCI-E 3.0 lanes each, the four in a straight line switch x8 of PCI-E 3.0 between the first and second PCI-E x16 slots.
The back of the motherboard has tons of blue LEDs.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-UD3 Ultra Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]