Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio on the Z170X-UD3 Ultra uses a Realtek ALC892 audio codec with some Nichicon Gold series audio-grade capacitors.
Intel's Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 controller is used and configured to support Thunderbolt 3 operation when a user plugs a mini-display port input signal from their discrete GPU. A Texas Instruments TPS65982 type-C controller and USB Power Delivery 2.0 chip is used to ensure proper Thunderbolt 3 operation. The Z170X-UD3 Ultra supports 100W output on the type-C port, and that is achieved using a boost converter, whose components are located to the right of the Thunderbolt 3 controller.
The Intel i219v is hidden beneath a metal shield. The IT8628E is the central SuperIO controller that provides PS/2 as well as system monitoring. Two 128Mbit (16MB) ROMs hold the UEFI and provide DualBIOS for protection from BIOS corruption.
Four ASMedia ASM1480 PCI-E quick switches move two PCI-E 3.0 lanes each, the four in a straight line switch x8 of PCI-E 3.0 between the first and second PCI-E x16 slots.
The back of the motherboard has tons of blue LEDs.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard retails for $183 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-UD3 Ultra Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions