HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Looking at the ALLOY FPS from the left side shows us a few things. First, we noticed the low-profile frame design. We then saw the exposed switches mounted to the steel top plate, and lastly, we see the concave nature to the rows of keycaps, which angle slightly toward the back edge.
The central section of the ALLOY FPS uses a typical layout with the use of a clean and easy to read font on all the keycaps. We do see some multimedia keys along the top, and we also see that the spacebar sports the HyperX logo rather than a skinny line across it.
Along the top edge of the ALLOY FPS, that is where the multimedia keys start. In this image, we see they do not start until you reach the F6 key, where we find it is used for previous track functionality. The F7 is used as the play/pause button, and the F8 is used to advance to the next track.
On to the next group of four F-keys, where we find more dual functionality. The F9 is used to mute all sound, the F10 will lower sound levels, and the F11 raises the volume. The F12 leaves multimedia functionality and is used as a Game Mode key, which disables the Windows key.
The right third of the keyboard delivers all of the usual suspects for a 104-key layout. The command keys are easy to read, the arrow keys are where they should be, and the number pad is all inclusive, including the ability to move a page when browsing as well as offering left-hand users another set of arrows to use.
Along with the movement capabilities of the arrow keys, we also see light icons with various accompanying symbols to address the LED lights with. The up arrow will raise the intensity in four steps, while the down arrow moves down through them and can also turn off the LEDs. The left arrow will move through the six modes, and the right arrow cycles up through the solid, breathing, trigger, explosion, wave, and custom modes of illumination.
As we finally make it to the right edge of the ALLOY FPS, we see more of that thin frame and exposed switches. However, with the feet under the keyboard now extended, not only do we raise the back edge 10mm or so, but we also see the angle of the keycaps are now mostly angled towards the user.
From the right side of the ALLOY FPS, we round the back corner and find the connectivity of this keyboard. The USB port on the left has an icon next to it, denoting its usage is to charge devices, not for mouse or headphone connectivity. To the right of this, we find the Mini-USB port sunken into the plastic, and this is where the keyboard is connected to the PC.
The bottom of the keyboard is mostly flat, but near the edges, the lower section is angled to make lifting the ALLOY FPS from the desktop a bit easier to do. There are four rubber pads found near the corners to add traction to the keyboard, and we can also see that the product sticker in the center is upside down.
If you should choose to use the flip out feet that are found on the back, you will be pleased to see that the edge which contacts the desk is also padded with rubber. This way, both orientations of usage ensures the ALLOY FPS will not move around on you.
PRICING: You can find the Kingston HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Kingston HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Kingston HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £100 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new MEG 390 GODLIKE motherboard leaked, looks awesome
- Death Stranding's bizarre new trailer is darkly enchanting
- Square Enix to double down on service games
- Nintendo 64 Classic Edition likely on the way
- Anthem's early play trials are paygated
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games