EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Chassis
A view of the front of the DG-87 brings a lot to mention. Of course, there is the front bezel, which offers vertical stripes of plastic with mesh backing it, to give style and breathability to the chassis. The lower section is solid and sports the EVGA name boldly. As for the top, and the left side of the bezel, they both offer angled surfaces, as they make the transition to the top and left side panels.
The front bezel is removable for cleaning of the fine mesh used as a dust filter. This is also the way in which you can adjust the locations of the three 140mm fans installed here, or if you need to swap them out for 120mm fans for various water cooling needs.
Partially above the front bezel, and partly found in the top panel is where the first of two front I/O panels are located. In this panel, we are offered the power button which sports the EVGA logo, and the K-Boost button just behind it. Further, back still, we find the pair of USB 2.0 ports and the tiny reset button.
The top of the chassis is designed to mimic the front of the chassis, where we find thick lines of plastic running from front to back. This panel is also easily removed and allows access to the fan mounting locations below it.
The left side of the DG-87 is furthest out where the windowed side panel is. There is a handle at the front of the chassis to release the side panel and allow it to swing open, and one at the back that opens the rear of the chassis. Along the bottom of the DG-87, we find a mirrored insert that not only adds style but near the front of the chassis, offers the second I/O panel.
This I/O panel offers up buttons to set the fan speeds for the intake fans and the exhaust fans, but the mode switch to the right also allows you a third option, to see the internal temperature of the DG-87. Then, along the bottom, we see USB3.1 Type-C, HDMI, HD Audio, USB 3.0 connection, and there are also a reset button, K-Boost button, and a power button here as well.
Even when it comes to the back of the DG-87, EVGA keeps that center styling. More of the ribbed design is found on the back of the chassis, and at the bottom is a removable section to access the PSU installation.
By pressing the button to the left side of the window, we can now open the back of the chassis. Just inside of the door are a pair of 140mm fans with dust filtering grills on them. Inside of the chassis, we can see the rear I/O area and expansion slots, but there is also an HDMI cable located here to feed the side of the chassis for those who are big into VR.
The right side of the chassis does not extend quite as far as the left side did, but still offers plenty of room behind this easily removable panel. The handle at the top releases the panel, and the section to the right is a grommet which allows wiring to pass from the rear I/O inside of the door, to the outside for connectivity.
Under the chassis, we see a small PSU dust filter at the back of the DG-87, and all of the bits attached to the bottom are riveted into place. As for footing, the DG-87 uses rails that run the entire length of the chassis on either side and also come with rubber feet for added grip.
PRICING: You can find the EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis retails for $275 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis retails for £238 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit