At idle, the notebook stays relatively cool. The IPS panel does get a little warm towards its bottom section, but the heat isn't noticeable. The keyboard also doesn't get very warm, but since the exhaust is on the left side of the notebook, that area does tend to get a bit warmer since that is where the CPU and GPU are located.
The notebook can warm up while gaming or at full load like in these tests, the heat from the exhaust is noticeable only if you put your hand over the vent, the keyboard itself does not get too hot to touch or cause discomfort.
I like how the exhaust vent is at the side of the machine, because if the notebook is on your lap, it will not heat up your legs.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook retails for $1499 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook retails for £1449 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's b2b shop could revolutionize PC game reselling
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM