The box keeps things simple; its color theme matches that of the notebook. Packaging is done well; the notebook shouldn't get damaged unless the shell of the box is breached.
There are almost no accessories apart from a power brick, some DVDs, and manuals. For recovery, a program will make a recovery USB drive, and it will prompt you to do so when you first boot into Windows. The Delta power brick is rated at roughly 180W.
The top of the unit is a composite plastic that feels smooth to the touch. A simple reflective GIGABYTE logo sits in the center, and there is slight edging towards the back of the notebook. The bottom of the unit features air intake vents, those directly below the blower fan have some sort of dust trap. There are five large rubber legs that should hold the notebook in place on a glass surface.
The front of the notebook features some status LEDs and an SD card slot, there are also speaker vents on the right and left sides. The rear of the notebook is surprisingly clear of ports and vents. The right side of the notebook features a headphone jack, a microphone jack, two USB 3.0 ports, a DVD slot, and a DC power jack. On the left side of the notebook is a Kensington lock slot, a huge exhaust vent, a VGA (D-SUB) port, an RJ-45 1GBit LAN port, an HDMI 2.0 port, a USB 3.1 type-C port, and a USB 3.0 port.
The P55W v6 has a full QWERTY keyboard with large keys; special function keys require you to hold down Fn before they are activated. There is also a number pad, which is crammed in there but does prove to be useful. It's a very basic keyboard layout; the keyboard is backlit, but the backlighting is very dim so you won't notice it in bright settings. The power button is top and center and is nicely styled.
The touchpad is smooth and soft. I did find that at certain points it had a tough time distinguishing between a two finger touch and one finger moving and the other clicking. Since there are no dedicated right and left click mouse buttons, you will have to get used to clicking on the touchpad. You can easily customize the touchpad to be more or less sensitive to button area touches.
There is an HD camera with dual array microphones; picture quality is decent for web content but nothing spectacular.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook retails for $1499 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook retails for £1449 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX 2080 rumored to cost $649
- Battlefield V pre-order sales 'weak', as ex-DICE boss leaves
- Intel holds firm to 2020 for discrete GPU
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: monster card with 11GB GDDR6
- THQ Nordic has 34 unannounced projects in development
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution