SteelSeries APEX M500 Pro-Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
The left end of the APEX M500, when set flat on the desktop, leaves the keycaps at an angle which leans away from the user. We also see along the top section of the frame that SteelSeries pressed their name right into the frame. The bottom edge has been angled back, and while it looks nice like this, it also helps when you need to move the keyboard around.
The larger section of the keyboard offers all the basics, and some dual functionality along the top, in this QWERTY layout. Two other things to point out are the blue painted steel plate showing from between the keycaps, and the second is that a large and clear font has been used for those who are visual typists.
As far as dual functions go, they start with the F5 key, where we can lower the intensity of the LEDs. F6 allows us to raise the intensity in six levels, and the F7 and F8 keys start the multimedia functions, where we see the last track and play/pause buttons.
Moving to the next group of four function keys, we find the rest of the multimedia keys. F9 is the next track key, while F10 is used to mute the sound. F11 allows you to turn down the volume, leaving the last of them, the F12, to raise the volume.
The right side of the keyboard offers all of the icons, commands, and numbers we are used to seeing. Above them, we find the SteelSeries naming on the keyboard along with the Number Lock, Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, and Windows lockout LEDs. Left-hand gamers will be stuck using the arrow keys by default, as there are no arrows on the number pad, but this can be changed via software.
We have extended the feet below the keyboard as we look at the right end of the M500. This puts all of the keys in an angle that makes typing much easier on the hands. We also notice that the SteelSeries name is not present in the frame on this end.
PRICING: You can find the SteelSeries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The SteelSeries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard retails for $88 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The SteelSeries APEX M500 Mechanical Keyboard retails for £90 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [SteelSeries APEX M500 Pro-Gaming Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 4 [SteelSeries APEX M500 Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- Facebook will use new AI technology to remove 'revenge porn'
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, step into the combat of a shinobi
- Google's game service lets you piggyback off streamers saves
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms