Ryos MK FX Continued
With the feet extended at this time, we see that not all of the rows of keys are angled toward the user as we typically find. Of course, having the built-in rest changes your angle of attack, and with this design, the angle works well and so does the angle of the keys.
Five feet secure this large keyboard to your desk, three along the front, and two near the back. The product page makes mention of the wire management trails built into this keyboard, but sadly the cable used does not even come close to fitting in these grooves.
The flip out feet is of standard size and tend to lock into the extended position quite well. The ends of both feet have been rubberized, allowing the Ryos MK FX to keep its grip on whatever table top you choose to set it upon.
A large cable emanates from the center of the back edge, and after nearly six foot of length, we run into the connections which need to be made. There is a pair of USB 2.0 connections, both of which must be used for full functionality, and we also see a pair of 3.5mm audio jacks for the pass-through ports. ROCCAT does bundle the cable for shipping but offers a hook and loop strap, which does help tend the wire if you desire to travel with this keyboard.
Removing a few of the keycaps, we find a set of Cherry MX Brown switches used with the Ryos MK FX. The tops of each switch are made of clear plastic, and this is due to the internal LED lighting. We also see that all of the torsion bars are encased within the frame, and it makes keycap removal much simpler.
The caps found on the switches are molded once in opaque plastic, which allows the LED light to pass right through them. They are then painted black, the legends are laser etched, and a UV coating has been added to help resist fading and scratching of the black coating.
Just to see if the LEDs were all intact and functional, as we usually do, we powered up the device. At first, we were greeted with a solid assembly of LED lighting, which at this time happened to be red only.
Fiddling around a bit, we found out how to swap lighting effects, and it is now in which you can see the full RGB capabilities of this design. Keep in mind, you can also set other modes, as well as making profiles which have just what lights are needed for the game or any other random pattern you wish to devise to see.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $150 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £105 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [ROCCAT Ryos MK FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Ryos MK FX Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Battlegrounds already has over 1 million playing on Xbox One
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series