When you first turn on the machine, you are greeted with a login screen to log into your Google account. You will need an account to use the machine, but they are free, and you will get Google Drive. Some customization options are provided to you. You can pick your theme and icon.
Having never used Chrome OS before, it was nice to see a built-in tour to take you around and how you how to use the OS. Just like Windows 10 makes you search for things more often than just going through menus, the Chrome OS uses a search icon to take you to your various applications.
There are a few settings available to you. They are not that intricate, and the basic ones are provided in a small menu blimp. You will need to connect to the internet through WIFI to make the most of the machine - being offline will greatly limit your ability to fully utilize the device. If you aren't one for tours around the device, then you can explore the menus and applications yourself, or keep exploring the tutorial.
At this point in my setup process, I still didn't know all the tricks for getting around. For example, I couldn't figure out how to take a screenshot. To remedy the screenshot issue, I just downloaded an application that could take screenshots from the Play Store.
If you click the little circle in the lower left-hand corner, a list of quick launch applications pops up, and you can also see all installed applications from this menu.
Google Applications and Settings
You can access simple settings by clicking the lower right-hand corner of the screen. Quick settings include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, volume, battery indicator, settings, lock, and power options.
Clicking the settings option in the quick settings menu will take you to a menu similar in style to that of the settings menu in the Google Chrome browser.
You do have the ability to change the screen resolution, although I wouldn't recommend it. Since the Chromebook R11 has an HDMI port, you can also output video to an external monitor. Managing keyboard shortcuts and mouse settings is also possible. Most everything you need can be found in the advanced settings menu, including the ability to wipe the machine or reset settings to default.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Xbox Scarlett development kit is called 'Anaconda'
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- accentuate redress
- Vandexafil Ultra New Male Enhancement Formula! Gain
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire